World Student Day
Friday 21 October 2016
A day of prayer for students from every nation
World Student Day is an annual event that brings together our global movement – students, staff, and supporters –to celebrate all that God is doing through IFES, and to pray for one another and the needs and opportunities for the coming year.
Sign up using the links above, and we’ll keep you posted with news and resources to help you pray.
Get the date in your diary now, tell your friends, and start thinking about how you will get involved!
“Love your neighbour.”
This year we want our prayers to be shaped by the biblical call to love our neighbour.
Who are your neighbours? The students you share a house or dorm with? The cleaning and catering staff at your university? Your fellow Christian students in other parts of the world, members of other IFES movements? The refugees arriving in your country?
How will you love – and pray for – your neighbour?
- Who are your neighbours on campus?
What are some the opportunities to demonstrate practical love for your neighbours? Think about an activity for World Student Day that would do exactly that – and start planning!
- Who are your neighbours around the world?
IFES national movements are grouped into 11 different regions (see menu above). Why not make contact with IFES students in your region and share how you can pray for each other?
Here are a selection of resources to help you plan, prepare, and pray on the day.
- All of the resources produced for World Student Day 2015.
- Country profiles and student prayer cards.
- Bible study and reflection questions for John 20:30-31.
- Student prayer videos on YouTube. You can view the full playlist, or only those videos produced in English, French, or Spanish.
What happened last year?