Student ministry in East Asia varies greatly: from places like Hong Kong and the Philippines, where the movements are large and thriving, to impenetrable nations. Despite the differences in context, the students of East Asia stand united around the urgent call to share the gospel with those who don’t know it.
IFES hosts a triennial regional conference in East Asia with a big focus on envisioning students for global mission and celebrating gospel partnership across the region. It was through partnership that the student movements started in Mongolia, Cambodia and Timor-Leste, as graduates from neighbouring movements moved to pioneer student groups together.
The number of international students to and from East Asia is rapidly increasing. Incoming students are coming from countries which are hard to access, presenting a huge gospel opportunity. IFES movements are prioritising strategic ministry to these students and are mobilising local Christian students to reach out to them.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Regional Secretary:Lisman Komaladi
- 13Affiliated movements
- 3Pioneering movements
- 25,000+students involved in Perkantas Indonesia (largest movement)
- 400 MillionStudents estimated involved in the region (high school and university)
- 50students involved in FES Cambodia (smallest movement)
- 90,300students involved in IFES movements
- 2,000campuses with student groups
- Jongho KimAssociate Regional Secretary