The IFES worldwide fellowship provides one of the most vibrant mission fields ever. You too can invest your time and skills in a ministry with wide-reaching impact.
As opportunities to work with IFES become available, details will be posted to this page. If you are interested in working with an IFES national movement, please visit their respective website or contact them directly.
IFES Global Leadership
This is an extraordinary opportunity for the right leader, one who cares deeply about incarnating the Good News of Jesus Christ and helping to renew today’s global culture through student-led Christian witness. The International Fellowship of Evangelical Students are a movement of students sharing and living out the good news of Jesus Christ locally, nationally and globally, working alongside mainstream church denominations.
As General Secretary, the next leader of IFES will build on its legacy and strength, provide vision and spiritual leadership in fulfilling its mission, develop strong staff and regional teams, motivate both staff and students, navigate theological and relational issues and appeal to a strong donor base to help fund innovation and growth.
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with the responsibilities required for the role.
In light of increased pressure on those in existing leadership roles responding to the Coronavirus pandemic, the closing date for applications for this position has been extended to Friday 15 May.
Preferred location: Oxford, UK
Many IFES national movements organise programmes for students and recent graduates to experience campus ministry in a different context. To share just a few examples:
- InterVarsity/USA and Inter-Varsity Canada run around 25 global projects each summer, sending students on month-long mission trips, mainly outside North America.
- In Francophone Africa, student movements work together to run several cross-cultural evangelistic teams in the mid-year break.
- Across Europe and Eurasia, about 100 young graduates serve each year with IFES InterAction, supporting national movements in their ministry among local and international students.
If you are a student, we suggest you contact your IFES national movement to see where you can be involved. If you are not a student but would like to find out how to serve abroad in student ministry, contact the relevant IFES regional team for details of the current needs and opportunities, or connect with one of the programmes below.
- If you are interested in becoming part of a team within Europe, contact IFES InterAction, which sends people to serve, equip and strengthen student movements across Europe.
- Several national movements and other sending agencies have formal programmes in place for sending student ministry staff to other nations.
- To apply from the United States, contact InterVarsity Link
- To apply from Canada, contact Inter-Varsity World Services
- To apply from Australia, contact CMS Australia