And who knows but that you have come to your position for such a time as this? – Esther 4.14
Every moment, God is with us.
In big moments, whether our countries face the promise of post-pandemic recovery or the peril of fresh COVID surges, God is with us.
In small moments, as we step onto campus for the first time, or log on to yet another virtual gathering, God is with us.
In every moment, God is with us. And he asks us: what are you going to do with this moment?
On Friday 15 October 2021, let’s gather as one global family of Christians to ask God what he wants from this moment. Join us on World Student Day as we submit our plans to God and pray for the new realities that students around the world face in universities this year.
GET ON THE MAP
Join 6,867 people planning to pray together this year! Add yourself to the prayer map so that we can see where everyone will be praying.
Print out maps of the 11 IFES regions to help you pray.
Use these films to get people excited about praying and to introduce IFES.
What happens when God’s people join together in prayer? Read these stories about answered prayers from past World Student Days to find out. If you have your own story of how God has worked in response to World Student Day, please write email@example.com to share it!
Students in Nepal saw God answer one of their biggest prayers after World Student Day 2020.
Plan your Prayer Time
On Friday 8 October, we’ll have maps, prayer cards, videos, and a welcome pack to help you pray, whether you’re alone or in a prayer group.
If you’re planning a prayer meeting, here are some tips.
- Get connected with students from other countries to pray with them! Here’s how:
- Ask your international friends to introduce you to a student group in their home country. Or ask students who have studied abroad to help you find an IFES group in that country.
- Gather together.
- Invite your Christian friends, your student group, or your local church to join you. Be sure to observe any COVID-related restrictions active in your location. This may mean meeting in a smaller group, meeting outside, or sticking to online meetings only.
- Get Creative
- Pray as you walk around your campus.
- Put on worship music and praise the God. Listen to music from the countries you pray for.
- Use the prayer cards, photos, or a map of the world to inspire your prayers.
- Tell us about it.
- We don’t want social media to be a distraction, but we do want to hear about your prayer meetings. If it is safe to do so in your region, send us a photo or short video via Facebook or Instagram. Tag any posts with #ifeswsd.
Introduce IFES to your group, church or conference
Use these videos to show them what IFES is about. Then invite them to be a part of World Student Day!
The Lord’s Prayer
Students from thirteen different country pray the Lord’s prayer in their own languages. Use this short video to introduce the vision of praying together.
The Story of IFES
This animation tells the story of IFES from its beginning to the present day.
Find out more about IFES
We are a movement of students sharing and living out the good news of Jesus Christ.
Locally. Nationally. Globally.