To help you pray with and for students around the globe, we’ve gathered prayer requests, resources and ideas that you can use to run a global prayer meeting. And don’t forget to put your group on the global prayer map for World Student Day.
Please share how you’re praying by using the hashtag #IFESWSD on social media and follow @ifesworld on Instagram. Use the Facebook Event page to connect with others who are praying too.
HOW TO PLAN A GLOBAL PRAYER MEETING
Connect around the world
World Student Day is a unique opportunity to connect with a student group in another part of the world and pray for each other. Here are some ways to find another group to pray with:
- Ask international students if they can connect you with a student group in their home country, or get in touch with students you know who have gone to study abroad.
- Pick a country and connect with the IFES national movement to find out more about student life there.
- Go to the event page on Facebook and connect with another student group there.
Invite your Christian friends, your student group, or your local church to join you. Be sure to observe any COVID-related restrictions active in your location! This may mean meeting in a smaller group, meeting outside, or sticking to online meetings only.
For encouragement and advice on running prayer gatherings (and other kinds of small-group events) online, visit the Our Mission Continues page or see the selected short videos below.
- Prayer walks: pray as you walk around your campus buildings or accommodation blocks.
- Pray with music: put on some worship music and praise the God of the nations. If you’re praying for another IFES movement, listen to a song in their language.
- Pray with resources: print off prayer cards, photos or a map of the world to fuel and inform your prayers.
- Pray while fasting: give up your meals and stand in solidarity with Christians who suffer from hunger and need.
Let us know: While we don’t want social media to be a distraction, we do want to hear about your experience. If it is safe for you to do so in your region, take a picture or a short video at the beginning or end of your meeting. Send it to us on Instagram or in the Facebook group.
Download this pack with prayer cards power points, and a maps, and watch our welcome video
How to plan World Student Day?
World Student Day is when we pray together as a global movement. You can take part wherever you are. Watch the video for some ideas to get started!
Films for World Student Day
Far and Near
The Lord’s Prayer
Students from thirteen different country pray the Lord’s prayer in their own languages. Use this short video to introduce the vision of praying together.
You may download this video to use it to introduce World Student day in your student group, church or conference. Click here to download. (Also available in French and Spanish)
The story of IFES
This animation tells the story of IFES from its beginning to the present day. Use it to introduce our global fellowship.
You may download this video to use it to introduce IFES at your group, church or conference. Click here to download.