Population: 30 million (2013)
Official language: Spanish
Major religion: Christianity
IFES movement: Asociación de Grupos Evangélicos Universitarios del Perú (AGEUP)
Peru is a country with a diverse geography and many distinct ethnic groups. There has been a rapid growth in evangelical Christianity in recent years, especially among the largest and poorest groups who live mainly in urban slums and mountain areas.
- 140 universities, student groups in 54
- 5 full-time staff, 2 administrative staff, 10 part-time, 4 volunteers
- graduates' ministry: one small group
- largest group in Lambayeque (40 members)
- smallest group in Lima (5 members)
AGEUP has a focus on integral mission and a vision for a strong student leaders, who are trained to guide the movement while also making a significant contribution to the church, community, private sector, higher education institutions and their country.
One of many results of this vision is the implementation of a sexual health project where young Peruvians in universities, colleges and evangelical churches are educated about the HIV/AIDS pandemic and sexually transmitted diseases. Another result of their vision is the vocational guidance program for students in state schools in the last two years of secondary education.
- that students will embody the love of Christ in their work as missionaries in the university, the church and society;
- for AGEUP groups to be established in all 108 universities;
- for the next National Congress 2015, which will be attended by about 250 students from across Peru.