From account questions to monthly gift changes to US tax receipts and UK Gift Aid, we hope you’ll find the answers to any questions you may have about giving to IFES on this page.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, then please contact us directly:
For all queries (except US) – firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 1865 263777 (Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm UK time)
For US queries – email@example.com, +1 608-348-6234 (Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm CST)
- I have an existing account, but I can’t access it.
We have recently updated our online giving system, so you are unable to use your old password. You can access your existing IFES giving account by resetting your password.
- I have an account, but I can’t remember my password
Please request a new password. We will send you a link via email within five minutes. If you don’t receive an email, please phone us to check this.
- How do I create an account?
You can create an account when you make a gift, or you click on Giving Account and register a new account.
- Can I see my gift history?
If you want to see your gift or donation history, you can do so via your IFES giving account.
If you need to set up a giving account, you can do this when you make your next gift or you can click on ‘Giving Account’ above and register a new account.
You can also access your giving history with a one-time link here. You will need to enter your email address and a one-time link will be sent to your inbox.
- I want to change the amount I give each month.
You will need to login to your IFES giving account and click on ‘Manage recurring gifts’. For the recurring gift you want to change, select ‘Edit amount’ and update with the new amount.
- I want to change the day that I give.
Please email us with the day you would prefer payments to be taken and we will make that change for you. Unfortunately the system does not allow you to change the payment day yourself.
- I want to change my payment method but not the amount or whom I give to.
You will need to login to your IFES giving account and click on ‘Manage recurring gifts’. For the recurring gift you want to change, select ‘Update payment info’ and update with the new payment method.
If you are a donor using our old giving system you will need to recreate your pledge in our new giving platform to change your payment method and manage your account. You will need to just log in if you are already set up in the new giving platform.
- I want to cancel my gift.
You will need to login to your giving account and click on ‘Manage recurring gifts’. For the recurring gift you want to cancel, select ‘Cancel’ and confirm.
- Why can’t I choose a future date for my recurring gift to withdraw?
Monthly or recurring gifts start on the date you set them up and are taken from your account that same day. If you want to change the subsequent recurring date please contact us and we can make this change for you.
- I made a one-time gift but meant it to be monthly.
You will have to set up a new gift as a monthly gift using the monthly form. If you would like us to refund the one-time gift to you, please contact us.
- I filled out a monthly form tab but I wanted to make a one-off gift. Do I need to fill out all the information again?
Yes, you will have to fill in the single gift form tab. If you would like us to cancel and refund the monthly gift, please contact us.
UK Gift Aid
- I forgot to add gift aid to my donation. Is it possible to add this?
We will check your gift aid status. If you do not have an up-to-date one, we will email you a new gift aid declaration form which you can complete and return to us by email.
- I need to change my gift aid information. How do I do this?
We can send you a new gift aid declaration to fill in or you can let us know that you are no longer a taxpayer and we will update your account accordingly.
- Are you collecting gift aid on my gifts?
You can check your IFES giving account or contact us and we can check this for you.
- I need to know what my gifts were to IFES in the past year.
You can download a tax receipt for each calendar year via your IFES giving account. You will need to download all annual receipts applicable for a particular tax year.
US Tax Receipts / Annual Giving Statement
- How do I get a copy of a tax receipt?
Please go into your IFES giving account and click on ‘Gift history’ and then ‘Annual receipt and giving history’. You can download receipts for all gifts here.
- How do I get a copy of my annual giving statement?
Please go into your IFES giving account and click on ‘Gift history’. You can download annual giving statements here.
- My card has been declined, has my payment gone through?
If your card has been declined, your payment hasn’t gone through.
- Are there other ways to give?
You can use our website to make one-off gifts using a debit/credit card or monthly gifts using a credit card or (US only) e-check. If you want to make a bank transfer or set up a standing order, please contact us.
- How can I give so IFES doesn’t have to pay bank charges ?
When you make a gift, select the amount you want to donate and underneath check the box saying ‘I’d like to donate towards the transaction fees of [amount] for my donation’.
- What is a processing or transaction fee?
This optional fee helps IFES cover the cost for processing. By checking a box under the amount when making a gift, an additional 1.5%-3% will be added to your total gift amount.